Bursary Fund - Agency Application
This application will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Download this form if you wish to preview the questions and collect necessary information.
Fill in and submit the application using this website.
Please do not send a PDF.
There is no way to save this form and finish it later.
Before you begin you will need know:
- Your agency’s Charity Registration Number (A charity registration number is 15-digit program account number assigned to a charity by the Canada Revenue Agency).
- The format of training you will offer (community of practice, conference, course, retreat, institute, workshop)
- A list of anticipated costs for this professional development
A. Contact Information
(* Indicates Required Field)
B. Requirements for Funding
Non-Profit Charity Status
To be eligible for bursary funds:
- Your agency must be a non-profit organization that provides professional development for child care professionals.
- Your agency must be a qualified donee with a Charity Registration Number.
Demographic Information of Participants Locations
After the professional development event is finished, the postal codes of those who participated must be collected and provided to the bursary team in a spreadsheet format.
This Bursary Fund aims to support child care professionals who self-identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit. We need to collect this information for reporting purposes.
The professional level of participants must be collected.
4. You will need to identify participants in the following categories of practice.
• ECE Assistants
• School Age Child Care Providers
• Licensed Family Child Care Providers
• Registered LNRs
• Responsible Adults (20 hours of training)
• Others: Those who work in the child care and learning sector
D. Professional Development Plan
1a. If you are planning a community of practice. Please review the community of practice implementation plan that you will be asked to follow.
A key objective of this Bursary Fund is to build capacity among child care professionals. This is interpreted as “building the potential for a person to experience, demonstrate or perform a competency/expression or understanding.”
E. Anticipated Costs
1. Describe your agency’s plans for using Bursary Funds. Consider costs such as reducing registration, subsidizing travel expenses, accommodation, learning resources, speaker fees, facility rental, and/or catering. If Bursary funds are requested to reduce registration fees, please describe the full cost of the registration fee in the Description field and the amount supplemented by the Bursary funds in the Cost field.
2. Describe other funding or any other revenue you expect to obtain in order to also further reduce the costs to participants.